What happens after you sign up for the team interview?
The last step in our process is to see how you do as a teammate and collaborator, so you'll do the last round in a team of other applicants. The emphasis here is on teamwork, not competition: this is your opportunity to showcase your ability to think critically and work with others.
Here are the criteria we look for – different from the criteria we're looking for in other rounds, but after this round, we look at your application and both interviews holistically.
Collaboration & supportiveness
- Does this person encourage potential in people and explore new ideas of inquiry (i.e. gets people who haven't spoken up to share their thoughts?
- Does this person strive to create a harmonious and positive team atmosphere and reach consensus?
- Does this person moderate team discussion, keep the group on task and distribute work?
- Does this person take notes summarizing team discussion and decisions?
- Does this person keep the group aware of time constraints and deadlines?
- Does this person use creativity and contribute new and alternative perspectives and ideas?
- Does this person raise counter-arguments and (constructive) objections, and introduces alternative explanations and solutions?
- Does this person make sure the group focuses on the most important issues and not get caught up in details?